Thursday, January 24, 2019

Day 1 - The Color Purple

Celie is a girl learning about the world around her. Her father sexually abused her repeatedly and her mother was oblivious until death. Through Celie's struggle with protecting her little sister from her father, she learns about herself as a person under her father's supposed care.

Today, I learned that there is only so far one can think highly of themselves. We are all told as humans to be confident with ourselves, but confidence seems to lead people to not succeeding. It seems like if one is nervous and unsure, the most success comes from the source of the feelings.

2 comments:

  1. I'm happy to see the idea that you learn something new everyday is well in effect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m glad that you learn something new today. I feel that you can be confident, but still nervous. Since you need the confidents to try new things, but trying new things also makes you nervous. I hope this makes sense.

    ReplyDelete