Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Day 4 – The Color Purple

Celie discovers her strength and weakness. She knows that her strength could be fighting back, but her weakness is not being brave enough to show this strength. It's been ingrained in her for so long that she is weak and useful only for wifely duties, but there is do much more to her character and future. Celie is more than a wife, she is a woman.

Whenever I find myself thinking, I reminisce on the times in which I have flashes of bravery and boldness. When I think of these moments and the impact they had on the people around me, I find myself disappointed. Why is it that when I'm being myself, it's so different and shocking that I have a personality? Why is it confusing for me to be myself? True, I'm usually quiet in a classroom unless it isn't required of me, but am I truly so much a recluse that no one knows that I am human too? That I have blood in my veins, eyes that see, ears that hear, a mind that thinks, and a heart that feels?

No comments:

Post a Comment