Thursday, January 31, 2019

Day 5 - The Color Purple

Celie has finally been showing some of her strength, despite the fact that Mr. ____ has been needing it. His love of Shug Avery and the degrading words of his father has made him into the older version of Harpo. Maybe he was like Harpo when he was younger, desiring a woman that has a hold over him and loving her despite everything.

I was floating before
Nothing pulled me down
My body was weightless
There was no ground

Then you appeared
And I was anchored
I was confused
And I couldn't be franker

I complained
And spoke my mind
But you didn't listen
You just smiled

"Come with me"
You said with mirth
And before I could stop you
You fell face first

I was scared
And watched you fall
But then I followed
I haven't recalled –

Falling with you
You and I are one
Our story has just started
And will never be done

No comments:

Post a Comment